Lately, I’ve been thinking about the content of my blog. I used to include more personal posts–not just cute pictures of dogs, but peeks into my life. But then there came a point when blogging became a chore, something I put on the back burner, and writing a personal post didn’t even cross my mind. I’m not sure how many readers actually liked those rambling posts, but I know my mom was one of those people. Since I now live in Orlando, and my friends and family back home don’t really get to see what I do here, I figured I’d give personal posts another try. So this is your warning: be prepared for rambling writings about Emilee and life in Orlando! If you already know me personally, you may like to read about what’s going on in my life. If you haven’t met me, you’ll get the chance to know me and better and find out how weird I am. Fun!
A regular post that I used to share was a “Friday Five” roundup of five random things that I enjoyed, read, watched, ate, experienced, etc. I think it’s a good place to start, so let’s jump right in…
- Trees – Is that weird? Probably. But I love that there aren’t a million palm trees in east Orlando. I was at a park on Memorial Day that had a beautiful little trail shaded by the prettiest trees, and I loved it. Back in Englewood, there are lots of palmetto bushes, palm trees, and pine trees, and I don’t like them. But huge mossy oaks and ferns make my heart very happy. Love them.
- Deer – I never saw deer back home, but I’ve seen deer twice since I moved to Orlando. I saw a small group while I was riding my horse a couple of weeks ago, and then spotted a doe at a church. After seeing the deer, I had to watch Bambi. And then I cried, because that movie is sad. *sniff*
- Squats – Pretty sure I did over 200 squats on Monday, and my legs are still feeling it. Ouch. Kayla Itsines‘ workouts are not easy, but they are worth it. I’m on week 10 of her 12-week program, then I’m going to start over and continue the torture. Yay! More jump squats!
- Watermelon – It’s almost summer, which means time it’s time for Emilee to eat all of the watermelon! My favorite! Wait, chocolate is my favorite. But watermelon is right up at the top of the list, too.
- Farm Fresh Eggs – The wonderful little barn where I board Rydell is home to more than just horses. There are some dogs, a turkey, chickens, and a pot-bellied pig named Fiona. The chickens wander all around the farm and have their own stall where they can lay eggs. I bought a dozen eggs from the farm this week, and it made me so happy. I eat a lot of eggs, and I love knowing that they came from happy chickens living happy lives on a great little farm. Now I’m hungry for some avocado toast with poached eggs…
And finally, here’s a look at my iPhone camera roll.