I think it’s time for another Friday Five post! I’d give a rambling introduction, but I don’t think that’s very necessary, so let’s jump right in, shall we?
- Time – Can you believe that it’s already July? We’re halfway through 2015! Time is flying by. In August, I’ll have owned my horse for 3 years. My nephew just turned one. My niece is already five. My sweet Buddy is an old man at twelve. It’s crazy how fast life starts to move as you get older. I remember thinking that time passed so slowly when I was a kid–it took forever for each birthday and Christmas to arrive. Now they’re here and gone in the blink of an eye! While I’ll admit that the speed of life can get a little bit overwhelming, I am grateful that every part of my time and existence is held in the loving hands of my Creator, and I can trust Him all the time. Even when life is moving too fast for me to keep up.
- Peanut Butter – I was never a big fan of peanut butter as a child, but I eat it every day now. I put it in my oatmeal, on toast and rice cakes, and use it in recipes. Add chocolate and it’s even better. I’m hungry just typing this! I found some fancy peanut butter at a local health food store that I want to try out. I think it was chocolate and coconut? Yum!
- Books – When I first moved to Orlando, I decided to leave most of my books on my bookshelf at my parent’s house. I don’t have a lot of time to read, so it didn’t seem necessary to bring all of those books. But once I got to Orlando, I missed them. Those books are like old friends. Each story has touched me in different ways, at different times in my life. I just love a well-written story and pages filled with character. And the smell of books… best thing ever. So, when I went back home for a visit a couple of weeks ago, I packed up all my books and loaded them into my car. And now they are right back where they belong, on an antique bookshelf at the foot of my bed. I’m a happy bookworm. :)
- Jurassic World – I don’t think any explantation is necessary for this one. It was awesome.
- Rain – Don’t get me wrong, I’m grateful for rain that nourishes the earth. But I looked at the forecast for the next week and it was not promising sunshine. Which means I can’t get out and ride my horse. Or run. Sadness. But, I guess it’ll be a good opportunity to read some of those books I brought back to Orlando with me, right?
And finally, here’s a look at my life in iPhone pictures. If you want to see more, you can find me on instagram @emileefuss!